School Social Work Services
To identify and support children in need and their families, the Social Welfare Department launched the ‘’Pilot Scheme on Social Work Service for Pre-primary Institutions” in February 2019. All the nine Sun Island kindergartens also joint this Scheme in which social workers of the Po Leung Kuk, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals and Hong Kong Christian Service station in our schools and provide social work services for parents and teachers.
- – Professional counseling and referral services for children and families
- – Organizing education groups and talks for working parents
- – Organizing activities to nurture the growth and development of young children
- – Providing professional counseling to parents and teachers
- – Providing crisis management whenever necessary